Saturday, June 6, 2015

11:55 pm and with 28% Battery

Sometimes my poems just seem like journal entries
Long winding

---

Everything always seems to start with overlappings
Nothing really there
Until one after another
Piled up
2-d images don’t exist here
we cant imagine them
but sometimes I do
And I imagine they are the first existing layer
Of anything

Really!

Really. Of anything
Just like the outline
The one hundred percent
Verified
Two-dimensional outline
And when you change your angle
Even the slightest bit
Whatever it is disappears
Because that’s physics, punk.

Anyway
Eventually
Overlaps and overlaps later
Something exists
Maybe a dog
A tree
I don’t know
Books, words
Strawberry rhubarb pies
And eventually
The world is built

Round and round and round.

Now don’t let me lose you here
But
The world
Once
Was probably a single un-overlapped two-dimensional thing
And can you imagine that.

6/4/2015
Riley Welch




No comments:

Post a Comment