Monday, December 1, 2014

Mugged Disappointment Part Three

If you've been reading my blog for a little bit, you now know that this is part three in a (what seems never-ending) chain of bad coffee experiences. I will hope this is the last one, but it all depends on the cup. 

I intake a lot of caffeine,
But none ever quite as bitter,
As the solid, opaque liquid,
That made me gag and spitter.

When you receive an iced drink,
You expect to see the ice.
Except from this dark, rich black,
Sparkling from my cup, this does not entice.

My straws ability to suck up the drink is shocking.
And the fact that my jaw isn't locking.

Is this coffee drink not partly water?
Did you forget the ingredients?
How did you land this job?
You are so very disobedient.

My wallet lets out a wimper,
While my blood boils and simmers,
I am now greatly over - caffeinated,
But for this coffee - I don't feel the least infatuation.

So next time I'll buy something sweeter,
Maybe warm, forget the heater.

Until this disappointment fades,
I won't come back another day.

11/8/2014
Riley Welch

No comments:

Post a Comment