Friday, December 19, 2014

Favorite Fridays

I find this weeks poem especially beautiful. The author has asked to remain anonymous. 

I Wouldn’t Know


Is this madness? Is this the sickness they warned me against?
The everlasting search for something magnificently real in this seemingly false world
The words become a blur and the voices cease to exist in this endless maze of never knowing.
Never knowing
If everyone is merely masquerading or if I have become insane
Trapped in this hideous cycle that is human nature, always greedy for something more
Always succumbing to roaring emotions as all sense fades away
Yet in the midst of this swirling confusion, the routine continues
The paperboy completes his route 
The professors teach their lessons 
The students try to get ahead
Tell me, am I mad?
I wouldn't know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment