Wednesday, November 9, 2016

EE

I'm feeing pretty mad
for a dull Monday morning.

I'm mad there's only four weeks left in the semester.
And I'm mad I didn't take more classes.
And I'm mad my boyfriend lives in a different state.
And I'm mad this is the first time I've written in a month.
And I'm mad I've been building up scripts in my head,
when I promised myself I would put them on paper.
And I'm mad the poems I queued on my blog ran out because now I have to write more.
And I'm mad that I'm mad about writing,
because this is what I do and who I am.
And I'm mad my room got messy,
and that I ran out of safety pins to hold my socks together.
And that I have such weird particularities about rooms and socks to begin with.
And I'm mad I can't text about myself.
And I'm mad at the US.
And I guess at the entirety of people.
And I wish schools taught empathy along with money management.
And I'm mad salicylic acid has become an addiction for my skin.
And I'm mad that writing this poem is making me mad.
And I'm mad I'm neglecting my friend edits.
And maybe I'm mad at myself.
Or everyone else.

I can't tell.

11/7/2016
Riley Welch

No comments:

Post a Comment