Monday, January 11, 2016

Over and Over Again

After a busy week of settling in, I can finally get back to posting. Here is one I wrote in the car on the drive up here.

Over and over again
I read about writing,
why do writers
love to write about writing
so much?

Is it because
even if you only feel it once
or twice
it is so perfect
you can't imagine doing anything else?
What else gives you the satisfaction
of pen to paper
and letting it go
and go and go and go?
And there is no stopping
the ideas
wicking themselves from the deepest parts of your brain
and coating the paper.

Even some days
when I sit down to write
and it's been weeks
I feel like it's been years.
Like I've let ideas simmer too long.

But at least I know I'll never stop.

1/4/2016
Ome's Birthday
Riley Welch

No comments:

Post a Comment