Friday, October 17, 2014

Favorite Friday

This weeks favorite Friday is by my sister, Kate Welch. She is 15 and a sophomore in high school, with some serious writing skill.  This is a poem she wrote for me, and I really, really love it. Rhymes are great. 



I Love You Riley

BY: KATE WELCH

I wanna start this out with an apology
And its like Riley I love you, your my sister and yeah we argue. 
But there was a point behind that. 
I talked whack and made our mama sad. 
And that's bad, fucked up and it makes me sad. 
I can't believe I was ever glad with what I said. 
I guess I never was cause I love you to the ends of any and every earth and back. 
I'm Kate Welch, Riley's sister, you've probably heard of me and it probably helps you throw up quicker. 
But here let me just say I might be super gay, but I'm a chick who's never gonna find a clique. 
I'm lost, but who are you to judge me? 
Nudge me in every which way but at the end of the day I'm gonna have to stay the way I am. 
And that doesn't justify any of my wrongs, but that's why I don't wear thongs, and that's why and that's where I stand. 
That I'm not too bad of a person but I got some ways to go and some tolls to pay, I gotta know now that family is the only type that stays. 
And goddamn I love you Riley, you're a part of my life and I want you to holla at me. 
Any boy can't compare to the sisterly love that can be smelt even in your hair. 
You're beautiful, you're sweet, you fit the meat. 
But Riley let's face it, at the end of the day I fucked it all up. 
But here's to a new beginning I send this with luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment