Saturday, November 29, 2014

Eucalyptus Mint

I love those trickle of rain
Dancing across window sills
And clouded up skies, foggy
like the way milk opaques coffee.

It lets me stay in bed,
It let's me negate the guilt of staying in bed,
When I need to:

Work-
Study-
Live-

It lets me pause my life
And say,

"Well, how about not today."

And then I can just pretend
The bed is a life
And I am living it

I can surf aimlessly the ends and outs of the internet
The last, lone thing connecting me to a ribboned out society.

I could, theoretically exist.
In this bed.

Ordered food and clothing off the internet.

Forever. 

I'm not sure I would even get bored.
I might just become discouraged
Causing me to sink deeper into the woven together blankets and pillows from which I've built my nest.

And at the end of the day
I would feel so alert
And so awake

I wouldn't even sleep.
I could take the actual world by storm.

At night.

11/29/2014
Riley Welch

No comments:

Post a Comment